Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A Small Stamping Project

I just do not want to get out boxes of stuff to do a quick 5 minute stamping project!!!!

Mary McCauley suggested using old file folders as trial vessel patterns.  They are the correct weight, seem to be laying around most homes and are recycled free supplies. I also use them for my final pattern pieces.  File folders are a much better option for non-standard templates than the 1930's cereal boxes.

For my project, I need to stamp a piece of fabric 10" x 16".  I used one side of an old-fashioned sheet protector.  You know - the hard cellophane like material, three hole punched with a piece of black paper inside.  If you have old file folders around the house you probably have a few of these.  I have used the stiff clear plastic to audition quilting designs, choose the perfect section of a fabric design and as a surface for a small amount of paint to do a small stamping.  It doesn't take up much table space, is flat, does not absorb paint and cleans up easily.

No muss - no fuss for a quick small project.


No comments:

Post a Comment