Thursday, November 20, 2014

Christmas Decorations

We are having a guest between Christmas and New Year's.  Now, just before Thanksgiving, I am considering getting the Christmas decorations put up inside the house.  Because of our guest, I am having second thoughts.

Our guest's name is Scout.  He is a 6 month old Black Lab puppy.  In a moment of weakness, my husband told our granddaughter he would watch him while they were out of town.

What can I put up?  Where can I decorate?  What will he eat?

The first thing I did was to take all the quilts that were casually, and really carefully, place on chairs in the living room and put them in the spare room.  It is not really a spare room, it is a needed and much used place to keep my art, some over sized and/or flat or rolled supplies and UFO's.  I took up my Veronica piece from its place on the floor under the desk and added it to the pile.  That was a no-brainer. Some doors will have to be closed!  I just can't put everything chewable  somewhere over 4' high.  Besides I'd never be able to reach the top of the piles.

I am a spreader and I do not have abundant room.  I don't always put things away.  Nothing is handy stuck away in a box on the shelf.  I know, excuses, excuses.

So - I have a few weeks to puppy proof the house and make it festive. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment