Monday, July 23, 2012

Series Class final meeting

Today was the last meeting of  "Design Explorations #3, Learning to Work in a Series".  This is a class held once a month for the last six months and it has been a joy!  The women in the class are all remarkable people and artists.  Heather Thomas, the creator of the class,  is so very knowledgeable, motivational, and inspiring.  Her influence has changed my life and given me tools to create,  that I would have loved to have had much earlier in my life.  I have learned so much.  Or maybe, this class has allowed what I have been learning the past four years to gel and come together for me. I have five 'mixed media' canvases completed, two more almost finished and many more on the drawing board, so to speak.  As I have discovered in this class, "the series isn't finished until the artist has exhausted what she has to say".  I'm still talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment