Thursday, July 12, 2012

Push Forward, Push Harder

One of the reasons I decided to do a blog was to push myself.  I procrastinate, I stew, I over plan.  I miss deadlines for challenges.

The orange wedding fabric that I printed  coral bell leaves with Lumiere 'Halo Pink Gold' was the start of a magazine challenge for an 8"x8" piece.  I also stamped rectangles of parallel lines with an ochre color. No problem, the hard part is done now that the base fabric has been printed and stamped.  Yah!  So, even though I missed the challenge.  I still challenged my self and  auditioned commercial fabrics for the orange on orange print.

I made the piece 11"w by 10 1/4" h, hand appliqued some strip piecing and a larger square, quilted the leaf and machine stitched a pattern in the upper right corner.  It has a narrow binding using the same fabric as the backing.

 Now I have several other pieces to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment