Saturday, January 3, 2015

A "WORD" for 2015

Focus is a word I have used to help me with my art in the past.  The ability to block out external interference and to concentrate on a project.

Intention is also a word I have used. This connotes decision making, and action in taking the steps necessary to completing a project.

Present, being in the moment, with observation, emotion, thought.

These are all good words, good concepts to employ in life and in art.  They are close, but not quite where I need to be.  This year my word will be "mindful".  A more thoughtful intention. A more considered focus. A more complete involvement.

A friend in our art support group brought The Slow Stitching Movement to our attention last month.

Take a look at their site- http://www.slowstitching.com.  I think I have been inching my way to this philosophy for quite a while.  More on that journey later-

Fortunately I am comfortable at this time in my life - the hectic duties are in the past. I can pick and choose my activities.  What I am doing in my art now can be considered, redone, evolving and a process I enjoy from start to finish.  Mindfulness will give me a better product, a better journey and more joy.

I can practice mindfulness in every phase of my life and be better for the use of my time, the results in my body and soul, the connectedness of my actions and decisions.  Maybe a better example .

I hope I will have a good report of my progress in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment