Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Series Class

A new series class started last night. It is a fairly large group with many types of art represented. The schedule will be fast paced with a target of 5 pieces completed in six months.  I have chosen to do studies of pine cones on dyed/painted, heavily quilted background.  I want to take you with me in this exploration.

Daily Art - so far I have been composing my daily art with items from the studio glued into place.  I may move into other mediums in the future.  However, I will catch you up with two more pieces that I have glued together.


 
"Unwrapped"
 
Yellow wrinkled tissue paper, candy wrapper, glue
 
This is very aptly named since it is the piece I did for January 1st, the unwrapping of a new year, and my birthday.
 
 
 
"Faux Weaving"
 
Corrugated paper, raffia and glue
 
 
I have seen several articles recently about thin stripped quilts.  Having been a weaver, I had considered doing a quilt using thin strips and other textured material that would simulate weaving.  I hope to give it a try sometime.


No comments:

Post a Comment