Sunday, February 3, 2013

Getting Ready for Export (our art meeting that is)

Our Exploratory artist support group will be meeting on Wednesday this week.  I am very excited because we will be getting our challenge pattern at the meeting.  And, I have been copying my daily art pieces to take for a show and tell game.  I have them all cut out of the copy paper and will figure a way to affix them to a flannel fabric.  Then we will see what kind of a pattern can be achieved by rearranging them and viewing them from a distance.  I think it will be fun and it will validate the idea we have suggested for using daily art from the group.

I am particularly fond of two daily pieces that are both white on white.  The texture is superb.  It reminds me of a "This Old House" program using all whites in a Danish Modern kitchen.  Of course, they were not all pure white or of the same material or texture.  The result was very sophisticated and very calming.

The first piece is a mostly white, very textured piece of wallpaper. I have used this paper in another piece.  The base of the piece is a layer of dried latex paint.  The paint dried smooth and flat with a wrinkled scrunched curved edge.  I love the contrast of texture.  The picture does not convey the tactile feeling as much as the original.

"White on White"
 
 
The second piece is made of off-white vinyle imitating leather.  I added an organic shape cut from white popped bubble wrap.  Two synthetic materials creating a very organic looking piece.  I love it.
 
 
 
"Synthetic Organism"
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment