Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Artichokes, peas and cucumbers with a little lemon


One of our art group members suggested we open our refrigerator and use what we see as inspiration.  I used this opportunity to try a few new techniques.  Golden acrylic products include a product that causes their acrylic paints to bleed and spread on fabric.  I started this piece with a white foundation painted with Golden Flow and green acrylic paint, making heavier coverage in places.



Using upholstery fabric I thread painted and appliqued artichokes, fabric peas and cucumbers covered with shiny organza to make them appear wet.  I finished with pea vines and appropriate quilted details.  It was a very whimsical piece, a big stretch for me.  I love the painting technique and I am very satisfied with the final result of our refrigerator inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment