Friday, January 18, 2013

It's a New Year!!

I belong to his wonderful group of very creative, talented and supportive women artists.

A challenge to do daily art has been made to the group and I am going to try to do my best.  The requirement is a 3x 5 inch or 3 x 21/2 inch format. What I have done has been fun and has been drawing me into my projects. Sometimes I don't push through and really work. I have almost as many daily pieces as I should by now.  I'll take some pictures and share the fun. Naming the pieces is as much fun as making them.

I also went to Tamara's 'Golden Fiber Arts Studio' and attended a very good art critique.  There were three pieces critiqued.  One of them was mine.  I came away with an appreciation for professional presentation.

I am working on my thermal run-off series - adding fabric pieces to complement the acrylics  with which I started the series. This could be  lifelong series, I have been in love with the concept for so long!!

Next month I start another series class with a new concept. There are a lot of things I want to do with leaves.  Hopefully this will kick start several ideas I have been thinking about.

Our group have also proposed another challenge to be hopefully shown in the Castle Rock Library some time this year.  I think I will be very busy for the next few months.  Now--- if I can keep you all updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment