Tuesday, August 14, 2012

One Down and So Many More To Go

I finished the Seminole quilt for my grand daughter.  She will be going off for her freshman year at college this week.  Time flies and things change.  I haven't made a traditional quilt for quite some time.  It was fun and this technique is fast.

So, one down and so many other projects to choose from!  I want to finish the other Coral Bell projects.  Two of the three are half way done and I have the idea for the forth.  Best to proceed with those.  Although I am working on the run-off series in my mind.  There is so much there to explore and techniques to experiment with.  Switching to fiber with paint, as opposed to the paint with fiber that I have already done, will be a challenge.  Texture will still be the star, but the color range of mixed paints is hard to match in fiber without dying.  I am not set up for anything but limited dye experiments.  The eco-dyed bundles are still hiding in my downstairs pantry.  Peaches are in season and I'm saving peach pits and waiting for the rabbit brush to bloom. As always more in the mind than under the machine.  I'd better get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment